May 30, 2011

Tracy Bird-a-tory

They day of Myles graduation I decided to take off and spend it with my little man. I wasn't sure how the weather would work out so I wanted to stay close to home just in case we got rained out.
We went to the Tracy Aviary, or as Myles calls is the Bird-a-tory. Myles had never been and he loved it. They are doing A LOT of construction, but they still had quite a bit to see. Myles had a great time seeing all of the different birds. His favorite by far was the peacock. They have 4 or 5 just walking around and every so often they would show off their plumes. It was petty cool.

We also took the time to feed the Sun Conure's. They're these yellow and red squawky/screechy birds, but they let you right in the cage with them and give you a slice of apple. They will come land on your arm and hand and eat the apple as you hold it. It's really neat. I was concerned that Myles wouldn't like it since he's not a huge fan of loud noises and I though he might get scared, but he loved it. There was a huge smile on his face the whole time.

I'm really glad that I took the day to spend just with my little guy. It was nice to have a whole day with just the two of us.







This duck was huge, maybe it wasn't a duck, but still the things feet were ginormous. It came right up to the fence when Myles crouched down. I though it might try and bite his nose...