January 12, 2009

Otis is home

Last night was one sacry night for us. Our dog Otis ran away. We have no idea when he left. Just that I noticed he was gone around 9 last night. Chris, my mom and I drove around for over an hour looking for him with no luck. I was so scared for him. I had just taken him to the groomer and he is completly shaved and I didn't want him waking the baby up so I had taken his collar off! I'm thankful to say that some how he made it home around 11:30. Special thanks to my mom who decided to go back and and look for him. He was on the front porch and probably would have taken off again if she hadn't gone back out.
He was limping a little this morning so I'm hoping he didn't get hit by a car or anything. I'm just so thankful he's home the little dork! I'll tell you this, I'm going to be a much better pet owner from now on. I can't believe how scared I was for him. It sure did give me a better view of how much I care about him.